Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 27 12 11:44 AM

Tags : :

It may have been discussed but please spell it out for me. What is resampling for???
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ellaguru

Master Guru

#1 [url]

Sep 27 12 1:29 PM

sampling is for recording external sounds into the 224. resampling (in the zoom, roland/boss, korg, ensoniq field*) stands for rerecording what you have recorded externally: so you can, for example, resample a pad peformance, or resample a sample adding fx or pitching it or xxxxxx (put waht you want); in the 224 there's a very useful resampling feature: in fact you can resample also your patterns on the fly or in sync...

in some old samplers (akai mpc 2000/2000xl, akai remix 16, akai s20 etc) resampling act as a lowering bit rate of the sample (read: lofi)

Quote    Reply   

ellaguru

Master Guru

#3 [url]

Sep 28 12 3:49 PM

1-
sample/import a sound into the st224
2-
select a pad to witch you wish that sound should play
3-
hold pad enable button and push the sample's pad to choose it
4-
choose an effect
5-
push Record and then Resample (the screen shows "ready"): now push your sample's pad
6-
the result is a sample with an effect applied on it.
....the same proceeding is valid when you make chops (or pads performances), pitch, reverse, Hifi/Standard/Lofi bit rate of samples or resampling entires PATTERNS...
....in theory you can resample ad infinitum (erasing the previous sample)

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 8 13 10:56 AM

I have three patterns in song mode that I want to sequence into a complete song. Will resample help me to record that whole performance or do I need to just record it live externally?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Feb 8 13 10:59 AM

In the past I never utilized song mode. I would create a whole song in just one pattern which I realize is the hard and long way to go. So now I'm doing 4 bar measures and putting them into songmode.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 28 13 7:53 PM

I'm new to resampling.
I have a sample on pad 1 that I can't remember which record I picked up the sound from.
I want to split it into 3 pads. Like, chop up what's on pad 1, into 3 parts, on 3 seperate pads.
How do I do that?

Quote    Reply   

ellaguru

Master Guru

#10 [url]

Sep 25 13 3:15 PM

well, if you mean a sor of autochop then there is nothing like this on the 224....so to chop samples use the "start/end point sample technique" for one pad and then coyp the same sample to the other pads

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help