Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 28 11 2:21 PM

Tags : :

In these days of superabundance of samples it gets harder to find totally new things.
This morning I flanged a haddock (the fish that is) on my st-224 before i went to work
using a clip i filleted out of a documentary on BBC radio 4 on saturday about the sound archive project. I also got out of it the last ever oooh oohh aah ahh bird singing a song for its (sadly
non existent) mate.
I never thought I would come across a kids toy i was not aware of (given having also read
books on the history of kids toys) but i think i must go and buy a Quercetti Super Saxoflute
even if the bits do drop off in some configurations., I could not track down any samples of one.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Mar 29 11 1:11 AM

In these days of superabundance of samples it gets harder to find totally new things.

-dantalianalysis

I respectfully disagree with this. More recorded sound than I could ever possibly listen to in my natural life has just been produced as I type this. Hard to keep up with, sure, but not hard to find new things to sample. I'm still playing catch up with stuff from before I was born.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help