Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#21 [url]

Nov 26 10 6:51 AM

i forgot to mention one thing- when you find the busy break, pitch it down 3 semitones from the original pitch while you work on your 1/2 speed pattern. after you chop the sample into bits, then trigger the samples. listen to drum and bass pitched down so that you can hear how various patterns are put together. hope this helps

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#23 [url]

Nov 30 10 11:07 AM

Z32

sampling technique
- 8/10 I like the loop and the live jam feel of the track- lots of variety keeps it interesting.
production quality - 7/10 well done and nice usage of filters
overall style- 7/10 nice little lofi track. I think the drums could have been built up a bit beefier, though.

Ellaguru

*not using Sampletrak-cheater! cheater! cheater! (just kidding)*

sampling technique-8 good usage of elements from the track. reminds me a lot of RZA's stuff.
production quality-8 nice sounding mix
overall style-8 a great piece overall.

post your ratings and we'll start the next battle!

Quote    Reply   

ellaguru

Master Guru

#24 [url]

Dec 1 10 5:45 AM

thanx lodger
i'm trying to figure what are the elements of my track that make you remind rza, this is too much for me! thanx again.
anyway i'm out of the battle guys, but i would like to know your critics however.

some clearify thing:
sampling technique means the way of chopping or cutting samples?
overall syle means the track from an estetical point of view?

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#25 [url]

Dec 1 10 6:10 AM

Ella, you're pretty much right. I used sampling technique to refer to the technical aspects of how sampling was used on the track- how creatively the sample was used, mangled, changed, or otherwise transformed into something else. Overall Style covers the aesthetic aspects of the track- i used as sort of a category to rate how the track establishes a theme, how the components blend to enrich each other, etc.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#26 [url]

Dec 2 10 4:36 AM

Being that there was a disqualification (computer) from ella and no other proper ratings, i'd suggest naming Z32 as the winner for this battle. Z32, care to pick the sample and set the terms for the next battle?

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#28 [url]

Dec 4 10 1:50 PM

Thanks for the rating and in my opinion you should have won Lodger.
I think it's a very creative beat with good use of the st
I give you an 8, 8, 9 it really inspired me!

Ellaguru I think the production is great on the beat and creative sampling but for some reason it did not grab me. I guess it's personal taste cause lodger loved it. (hehehehe Lodger Loved It, great title :-)

I'll pick something new tomorrow.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help