Remove this ad

matildah

224 padawan

Lead

May 14 10 11:17 AM

Tags : :

wooo i managed to remember what my password was :D
anyway ive got a new job thats mega stressful and tiring but im going to try and keep up with what everyone is upto, just because you all make awesome music! and i have a day off and have fever so im stuck at home. anyway i was just wondering how everyone found this website?

my story is that i knew my favorite artist doddodo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-inbAVfG8lg)used 2 samplers (and probabily a lot of drugs) to make music, and i decided i wanted to get a sampler aswell, and the same one as her but i had no idea what it was called, and i was just looking through photos to see if i could find a clue as to what samplers they were and i found this picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/residencebaudoux/3089481952/) which was someone mentioning what the sampler was and a link to this site, so i came here, and then bought one. and i love it, even though im god-awful at using it ha

so whats your story?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 14 10 12:09 PM

Google baby! I think my exact search term was "cheap sampler." That led me to the Sampletrak and then further research brought me here. It was reading this forum (and watching several youtube videos) that made me pull the trigger on getting one.

Quote    Reply   

juxt

Caught in the Trap

#3 [url]

May 14 10 3:56 PM

i heard about it through a voice in my head telling me to create a dope forum for the sampletrak.  where all the ill sampletrak users can gather.  I guesse i could settle for this though.grin

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 14 10 10:03 PM

formal tricked me.. he posted a craigslist ad like he was selling one.. after a few messages and finally finding an ST, the rest is history

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#7 [url]

May 15 10 8:58 AM

A friend of mine had a sampletrak sitting around that a friend gave to him when his MPC1000 had been stolen. The 224 was also his first sampler before the MPC so he thought it was just a toy and moved to beatmaking on the computer. When the ZMF PC editor was released about 8 months after I saw a post about it on Matrixsynth. This got me thinking about the potential of this little machine. I waited another month or two for my friend to find the power supply and then I snagged it up for $45!

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#8 [url]

May 15 10 8:59 AM

formal tricked me.. he posted a craigslist ad like he was selling one.. after a few messages and finally finding an ST, the rest is history

-rprecise28

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! hahahaha, tricky me

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 2 13 12:33 AM

I don't own a st-224 yet, but I heard good things about them on sp-forums, saw some potential in them as samplers, and I'm thinking of purchasing one. I wasn't sure if there was a forum for them or not, since they're so old, but I just used google, and found the site.

I might pair it up with a Akai S20 that I can score for $50, but I think it'd be better with any sp sampler to loop anything I play from a ST-224, and have better sample storage from a sp404.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 15 13 5:08 AM

I left the original Sampletrak my dad bought in my mother's garage only to discover that the sound card was cracked and I couldn't use it. I went to repurchase a Sampletrak after my computer crashed and I couldn't use fl studio which I abandoned ST 224 for, which I regret. So I got a new one on Craigslist for a great price and needed to know more about it because I only did a few things on it. So I found this website on another site and it has really changed my musical life.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help