Anyone up for a beat battle? :D

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

formal

224 ninja

#1 [url]

Jan 11 10 2:02 PM

I still wanna do a battle with just the sounds that came on the CD in the box. I think that would be really fun and maybe we could send all the beats to Zoom to show them what we did.

Somebody should rip, zip and upload the sample CD.

Quote    Reply   

224 padawan

#5 [url]

Jan 12 10 1:35 AM

I'd like to take part if I may. Being a new owner of a ST-224.

I also have the CD! But I am away from home until tomorrow night. So it'll be a 48 hour wait unless someone else can upload.

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#9 [url]

Jan 14 10 6:40 AM

thanks for upping these. There's a lot of useful stuff if you're willing to dig through to find it all. Anyone care to set up any stipulations for this bout? I'd like to dig in!

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   

224 padawan

#10 [url]

Jan 14 10 7:47 AM

There's tons of stuff. I've been going through it this morning. Not much melodic stuff but plenty of drums.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

formal

224 ninja

#11 [url]

Jan 14 10 10:00 AM

THANK YOU!!  I think I've been waiting about a year to hear this sample disc (not that I was expecting it to be any good), but I'm pleasantly surprised you guys are finding good samples. Maybe this will shape up to be an exciting battle after all :)

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#12 [url]

Jan 14 10 10:09 AM

how about 1 week limit, limit to materials on the cd, multitrack only for putting loops together/recording?

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#16 [url]

Jan 14 10 3:15 PM

I was thinking of something small, like a vocal sample or anything to give it some personal flavor. Z32 is right, there's more than enough samples on the disc to make a track. It was just an idea tho.

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#17 [url]

Jan 14 10 5:11 PM

I was not trying to trash your idea formal
I just think it's fun to see what we all come up with the sounds from the sample cd.
Just started on something this evening There are very cool sounds on the cd! I forgot most of the sounds but I do recognize some I used before :-)

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#18 [url]

Jan 14 10 5:25 PM

It's all good. I been diggin thru the samples too and there is plenty of content.

What do you guys think about trying to submit this to Zoom? Of course we'd have to do it in a professional manner, but I wonder how they will react to people still using the only sampler they produced.

Quote    Reply   

224 padawan

#20 [url]

Jan 16 10 9:28 AM

Liked it, blue bass line, good emotion

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help