Anyone up for a round 7?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#3 [url]

May 20 09 12:11 PM

OK- here's what i found- I don't think I've ever heard anyone take this on before.

Donovan-Season of the Witch

If you all are ok with these rules: choose your own percussion, one synth/instrument tone. tracking is allowed, but all programming must be sampletrak native.

-Lodger

Click here to view the attachment

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#9 [url]

May 23 09 2:57 AM

mattman- sick take on that sample. I love how well all of your stuff sits together in the mix and, as always, your choice of percussion is right on...snappy and blends with your overall picture. I think anyone would be proud of that entry.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mattman

224 padawan

#10 [url]

May 23 09 7:59 AM

Thanks lodger.

Your beat is creative as usual. The chops make the sample nearly unrecognizable.
Gotta love your gritty take on this.
I like how your beats keep you guessing. The sequencing is not predictable.
Good stuff. 

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#13 [url]

May 24 09 7:40 PM

z32, I definately enjoyed your flip- very bigbeat/funky breaks oriented :D That's what I cut my teeth on when i started making music. To this day, the work of people like the chemical brothers, fatboy slim, etc. have a profound influence on me. well done

Quote    Reply   

224 padawan

#14 [url]

May 24 09 9:25 PM

All you guys sound great. Mattman your take on it was extremely nice. Nice flow and groove. Lodger was a bit more choppy (which I also like). Z32, I also get more of a BigBeat vibe with your track. Great use of the sample material guys. I am inspired by you guys just by listening. I have a version I want to enter but it has to wait until I get home. Looking forward to round 8. 

Quote    Reply   

224 padawan

#16 [url]

May 27 09 6:38 PM

Finally, here's mine. Feedback on what you think would be great. I didn't track anything so the mix might be a little sketchy. Just having some fun with it. I did add synth or should I say keyboard sounds. Maybe I went a little overboard. I hope you can still hear the sample material in there. Last but not least stck around 'til the end. I know it doesn't flow into it very well but I wanted to incoporate the other idea I had and just didn't develope it.
Well, maybe Round 8 will be mine mwahahahahagrin.

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#17 [url]

May 27 09 8:24 PM

Sam- nice entry. your synth selection there reminded me of the daft punk discovery album. not a bad thing at all. A few suggestions that i might make for next time revolve around your programming...this was pretty dense and there were a lot of things that were fighting for attention. sometimes, its more effective to actually have less, and get your listener into the groove than just throw the kitchen sink at them and hope something gets them nodding. IMO you elements were all there, but i think that you were a little conservative about stripping the groove down and engaging the listener like that. At any rate, its great to have another entry into the battles :D

Quote    Reply   

224 padawan

#18 [url]

May 30 09 7:10 PM

Lodger, thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help