Last Action Hero

Lead

Apr 30 09 10:16 AM

Tags : :

Hey, all-

Here we go again...

The sample is:

The Animals- San Franciscan Nights

Some definite fire here for anyone's tastes.

-Lodger

Click here to view the attachment

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#2 [url]

Apr 30 09 12:24 PM

yeah, this is one I've always wanted to take on but never got around to. :D Just because someone has already sampled it doesn't mean that its played out. I cant wait to load this into the STK

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#5 [url]

May 3 09 4:06 AM

Any progress guys? I hope I chose an OK track- I had not heard anything for a while and was just curious to see how things were going.

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#7 [url]

May 3 09 8:19 AM

I've been stuck doin midterms this week (a research paper & a few exams) the battle is mosdef on my list to do since I didn't do one for #4. I didn't listen to yer submission yet cuz i wanted to leave it a surprise for when I got mine finished! The track is dope tho so no worries there. Should be a fun battle once I fire up the ST.

Quote    Reply   

juxt

Caught in the Trap

#9 [url]

May 9 09 12:28 PM

For battle 6 would anybody be down to use the same sample as the SP forums?  they should be posting a sample for their next battle within the next few days.  I think it would be cool to compare SPvsST forum.  smile
if you guys wanna do that then i gotta warn you, my boys at the SP forums got skills.grin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#11 [url]

May 9 09 1:55 PM

btw- thanks for the feedback juxt. Hopefully sometime soon you can throw down with us. I'm still hoping we'll have a few entries for this round...

Quote    Reply   

juxt

Caught in the Trap

#12 [url]

May 9 09 7:39 PM

damn it im pissed.  I decided to give it a shot and the ST fucked up.  I was just about done and was about to record my shit and all the sudden all the shit i deleted in the machine came back(old beats and sounds) and all the new shit i recorded was gone.  damn, there aint even one of those pissed off faces on lefora for me to use. At least i wasnt too satisfied with my beat. but shit

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#13 [url]

May 9 09 8:11 PM

take another shot at it- maybe focus on the parts you were satisfied with and figure out what you didnt like about the others. personally, it usually takes 2 or so flip attempts before im 100 percent sold on my own work. saving regularly is critical though....

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#17 [url]

May 10 09 5:26 AM

Very nice beat, Juxt! Rhythmically it reminds me a bit of Talib Kweli- Get By. I really like how your spin on that track kept the good things about the original, but still made it fresh and innovative. (I think that sometimes the tendency for choppers is to throw the baby out with the bathwater in that respect...) I'm glad you took another shot at it; we all know that stuff like that can be way frustrating.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help