Remove this ad

formal

224 ninja

Lead

Apr 26 09 8:32 AM

Tags : :

I'm gonna dig deep for this one..... Ya'll got any genre requests?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

formal

224 ninja

#3 [url]

Apr 26 09 1:07 PM

yes I'm gonna reply to my own post......

After listening to this track a few more times I realized this is gonna be a tuff battle. I'll be a bit outta my element (whatever that is, I dunno) but I'll work with it if everybody is down. If not we can pick another track to put on the chopping block.

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#4 [url]

Apr 26 09 4:07 PM

I'm game...I think this shouldn't be too bad. btw- for one of these battles since everyone has ds-10 maybe we should allow that into play as well. at any rate, nice find. I think this should bring a new dimension to the game. :)

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#9 [url]

Apr 28 09 7:33 PM

Here's my take on it- a track called "Big Night, Bright Lights". Please let me know what you think- I tried to make it my own but still keep it more or less in the same feel as the original track. As always your opinions are always welcomed!

Btw- Z32 I just got to check your beat out- I really enjoyed it. Even though it was a fairly straightforward take on the sample, I definitely dug the way that the track progressed/ built :) good stuff!

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#11 [url]

Apr 29 09 6:34 AM

Thanks, z32- I really appreciate your feedback. I can really see myself learning and growing from each battle. The only thing I wasn't sure of with mine was that I think the snare may have been too loud in the mix. That's something I'll fix if i get around to tracking the whole thing out.

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#12 [url]

Apr 29 09 8:43 AM

WOW! all your beats are fire this round. I'm a little nervous to get started on mine.....

z32 - I like how your track has 3 different moods/styles to it. The best part is the middle break down with the delayed chops. For constructive criticism the intro could use more work. That loop just seems kinda outta place from the rest.

lodger -  Have you been sleepin with your 224 or somethin?  You sure know how to press all the right buttons ;)  I've listened to this beat about 10 times now. Every battle you throw down somethin new that impresses the hell outta me. Nice work bro!

I'll get mine up today or tomorrow.

Does anybody else plan to get down on this battle?

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#14 [url]

Apr 30 09 8:09 AM

After this battle, mind if I dig for the next track?

-lodger

Go for it, I've been trying to get inspired to work on this battle, but it just isn't happening. Feel free to post the next one once you find it.

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#17 [url]

May 1 09 3:59 AM

z32 and rprecise23- that's for the comments guys- i'll have to lay an acapella over it later and see how it sounds. Hopefully we can get a few more people in on the next battle. It'd be cool if we could colab with another community of hiphop oriented rappers...then we'd be able to put together a monster of a mixtape.

-Lodger

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help