Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 27 09 9:20 PM

Formal, you know I'm down.. I already have been messing with it, trying to put ideas together.. Quick question, do I have to delete the demo song and preset patterns each time I power up or am I not deleting properly? I want to be able to turn it on and have a clean slate each power up.

I've got mad ideas of how I'm going to use it with my MS-1 and 202.. Can't wait to take it home and cook up some beats with this and my MG!!!! Endless possibilities!!!!!

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Jun 30 09 8:34 PM

I originally bought one for $300 around 2000 (I sold it within a year). A couple years ago I bought one off eBay for $75 (I also spent $15 for the 16 MB card). A couple days ago  I bought a second one (off eBay also) for $50 with 16 MB card and power supply (no manual). I'll probably sell it to one of my friends.

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#24 [url]

Jul 1 09 7:21 AM

" I'll probably sell it to one of my friends."

I'd suggest hanging on to it...the sampletrak really becomes powerful when its in play with another sampler. If I were you, I'd fool around with triggering them into eachother, maybe having one to trigger samples and the other to trigger loops and variations in song mode. That way you'll have a lot more flexibility and will probably have even more dynamic tracks.

Btw- is there any chance you'd be willing to provide some wav samples from the atari? that would be wicked!

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jul 13 09 10:59 AM

After rigorous Craigslist searching, I found my first ST 224 (w/ protective film and demo song sticker still intact) about 30 min away from where I live in West Philly. Dude gave me a bunch of the original stuff that came a long with it. Only cost me $80. I found another one online this time thru Stompboxman. He had a listing somewhere and I messaged him about it and luckily he still had it in stock. This one cost me $112 including shipping. I keep the one with all the stickers in a box and use the other one as the workhorse. I want to find another one for parts. Still haven't gotten the 16 mb cards yet, though. I threw some smacks from my ASR-10 and they sound really crunchy in standard mode. In fact, the only use standard mode. Hi is too clean for my liking!

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#30 [url]

Aug 1 10 4:31 AM

Timba,

Welcome to our community! How long have you had your ST?

-Lodger

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#33 [url]

Aug 5 10 1:27 AM

long time user? naw, it's more like long time owner LOL.but to tell you the truth i haven't used the ST in about 4 or 5 years now, and when i was using the ST it was mainly for it's effects in my DJ setup and simple looping of records...i have about 10 unfinished tracks on my memory card that i made with sounds from my DJX and I'm going to work on a few of these tracks and hopefully i can upload something in the not to distant future. I'm on YT and FB but i don't have anything uploaded yet, I'm just getting started ha-ha,,,so when i get something completed I'll drop a link to were you can take a listen..

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Aug 5 10 5:49 AM

I'm four ST's deep now.. one is shiny new with all the stickers. I keep that in the box at home. The other three are here with me in my apartment and getting used everyday after work!

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Aug 10 10 1:47 PM

timbalaze, id love to hear DJX/ST 224 beats.. if tweaked the right way that combo is dangerous!

-rprecise28

your right, the DJX/ST combo can be deadly in the right hands,...unfortunately I've been having setback after setback. upon turning my ST on for the first time in 6 years i noticed a "cd errr" message while trying to load-up from my memory card. this is the first time that this has happened so I'm thinking i may need to re-format or something like that, but on a good note i was able to save my samples to my laptop and now I'm in ZMF hell as my CPU cannot recognize this format. i know about the ZMF producer but i don't know if this is going to help my situation...

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Aug 11 10 8:17 AM

timbalaze, the sounds on the original blue DJX keyboard are awesome! i used to lust for one as a 15 yr old kid when they sold them at Best Buy..i would spend hours in front of one just playing with the different knobs and tweaking the basses and leads..you make me want to scoop one up now! The ST would really give some of those drum kits some oomph.

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 13 10 1:35 PM

hay z32 whats up? i just re-formatted my memory card and reloaded my files from my laptop back on to my card.it took me a few tries but it worked and now everything is back to normal...thanks for the info...

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Aug 13 10 4:10 PM

yea that's the one i have and the sounds are off the chain! and with the on-board effects you can really get creative. I've had my DJX for many many years and every time i turn it on i learn something new about what it can do. so if you can find one for a good price pick it up ASAP...its really a fun, simple and yet powerful keyboard to play around with and combined with the ST the possibilities are endless...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help