Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

Lead

Apr 23 09 5:46 AM

Tags : :

How much did you all pay for your Sampletrak? I paid $75 for mine at a pawn shop in Scranton, PA. In my opinion, it was a hell of a find :)

-Lodger

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

formal

224 ninja

#2 [url]

Apr 23 09 6:54 AM

I snagged mine for $45 from a friend of mine about a month ago. I'm still a noob in the sampletrak world... But I'm learning a bunch of new stuff in the process. I also dropped another $30 on a smartmedia card too. So $75 total. Not bad i must say :D

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#5 [url]

Apr 23 09 9:39 AM

$50 off ebay.  I almost got one for $15 but was outbid last minute

-juxt

DAMN! that woulda been a steal fosure. Cheapest I've seen them on ebay lately is the $120-$150 range. Sampler prices are gettin crazy these days.

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#6 [url]

Apr 23 09 9:54 AM

The sampletrak is just turning into a hotter commodity now that people are realizing that they aren't toys. haha Seriously though, I personally think that prices of the sampletrak would get especially high if people started to see that you can make some ridiculous tracks with them. I mean, that's what happened w/ sp-303 with people like Madlib and MF Doom. I'm just glad I got mine when I did.

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#7 [url]

Apr 23 09 9:59 AM

I hear ya on that. On my local craigslist (Portland Or) we generally have a good selection of used gear. Now when I look I see an sp202 for $175,  sp303 for $250, and a sp404 for $225! I just saw a yamaha su700 go for $160. This just shows when you get some big names usin the gear the price really goes up. Ironically I'm sure these producers picked the machines cuz they were cheap and affordable at the time. I think the sampler to pick up is an mpc 500. They are gettin dirt cheap.

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#8 [url]

Apr 23 09 10:09 AM

they do look appealing, but even with a decent job, money isn't something I can throw around right now (I'm married, have rent, student loans, insurance, etc ). My last big purchase was my stratocaster a few months ago and that needs to hold me over for a little while :) It's easy to develop a case of 'gear lust' though.

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#10 [url]

Apr 23 09 3:42 PM

I've had the urge to pick up another DS just for the korg app too. I've already got a flash cart from my old one. My last gear was the 224 and an iphone after my itouch was broken. I ended up spending my music gear fund for the iphone. There are such great music appz available. Bloom, synth pond, noise io, beatmaker, isynn, megasynth, jasuto, rjdj, 4 tracks, ishred, the list goes on!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#11 [url]

Apr 23 09 4:02 PM

I have ds-10. not bad, but i'm still getting used to programming via step sequencer only- the keyboard isnt much to speak of

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Apr 24 09 9:10 PM

i found one online that im snagging for $112 and free shipping! saw one on ebay that ended at $205.00... i have a SP 303 that i snatched up for a flat $200.. way cheaper than some of the prices listed on ebay. i like my SP just fine but ever since i heard some tracks produced on the ST i've been yearning for it.. some refer to it as a "baby SP-1200". that alone sold me on it.

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 27 09 5:07 PM

Finally snagged my ST 224!! After a good three weeks of scouring the internet and exhausting every option, I found one locally via Craigslist for $80! The plastic film over the display is still there so is the green sticker. Barely used, at least that's what homeboy said. No need to pay for shipping and I got some $$ for a nice dub sack for later..Just reading the manual right now and trying to get acquainted.

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#17 [url]

Apr 27 09 5:13 PM

Finally snagged my ST 224!! After a good three weeks of scouring the internet and exhausting every option, I found one locally via Craigslist for $80! The plastic film over the display is still there so is the green sticker. Barely used, at least that's what homeboy said. No need to pay for shipping and I got some $$ for a nice dub sack for later..Just reading the manual right now and trying to get acquainted.

-rprecise28

Congrats brutha welcome to the fam! You should be up and runnin in no time. Hopefully we'll see you in the battles ;)  Do you plan to get a smartmedia card?

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Apr 27 09 6:54 PM

Wut up, Formal? Hell yeah, I'm definitely going to grab up a 16mb SmartMedia. I can put all the kits I've been putting together from ZMF Pro on that ish..Thanks again for sending it to me, Form..

I've been peepin' the beat battles and I like what I am hearing. Everyone's got their own unique touch and flavor but it all revolves around that "golden age" hiphop sound that I love and go bonkers over. I can't wait to start contributing and getting some feedback.

Mad props and love to Formal for luring me to the website (literally, with that Craigslist ad) and giving a dude a few pointers about the machine and how to use it.

Disciple of the boombap.

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#20 [url]

Apr 27 09 8:34 PM

HAHAHA anytime! This box will certainly get you to your hiphop roots, there's no doubt about that. Every time I start a track, the 224 motivates me to try a new technique or work on it from a different angle. Being limited to polyphony, sequences and sample time has opened my eyes to how this "art"form needs to be approached. rp28, once you get your SM card we'll have to get down on a "semi-official" collab project.

On a side note, try to spread the word of the forum, the machine, and what this little beast is capable of. I'm sure there's more sampletrak feinds out there :D

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help