Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

Lead

Apr 19 09 9:53 AM

Tags : :

Hey, all

I have a track for the next battle. Tom Jones- Autumn Leaves from the "It's Not Unusual" album. Lots of good stuff here, strings, a few vocal snippets

For this battle:

Any Drum Break / Sample
One Single Synth Tone as a raw sample.
Feel free to use any drum break
no external FX/Processing

Here is the sample:
http://drop.io/st224beatbattle01

-Lodger

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

lodger

Last Action Hero

#4 [url]

Apr 19 09 4:49 PM

Thanks a lot, Z32. I'm really glad you liked the track. I'm finally starting to get the hang of everything that Sampletrak can do- I've had mine for about 6 months and despite it's simplicity, you have to really learn how to use and what sequence to use everything in...use a machine long enough and it will start to tell you its secrets. I really dug your track; there's a nice contrast between business and silence, adding a lot to the groove. My only contructive criticism is that you might want to consider laying a "pad" sound down if you are going to be clumping your sounds like that. Consider sustained synth tones or other understated parts of the track that you might be able to loop under your samples in an inconspicuous manner. Again, nice job!

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   

lodger

Last Action Hero

#10 [url]

Apr 21 09 8:00 PM

whenever you get around to it, I guess :) It's all for fun and to push each other to the next level. I know Z32 is calling the sample for the next one so I'm guessing he drops that one sometime within the next couple of days.

Board Certified Funk Master

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

juxt

Caught in the Trap

#17 [url]

Apr 22 09 5:23 PM

Hey juxt where's yours?  We see you lurkin in the shadows!

-formal

to be honest i dont know. sorry.  Mentally I havnt been the same lately.  I'm having trouble finishing my own album.  I used to be big in the battles on the sp forums, i participated in 31 consecutive battles then quit for the past 15.  i gotta get my head back into this.

Quote    Reply   

formal

224 ninja

#19 [url]

Apr 22 09 6:00 PM

to be honest i dont know. sorry.  Mentally I havnt been the same lately.  I'm having trouble finishing my own album.  I used to be big in the battles on the sp forums, i participated in 31 consecutive battles then quit for the past 15.  i gotta get my head back into this.

-juxt

It's all good bro, we all go through this at times. It's the lull of music making. On the upside I'm sure you're absorbing all different types of music to use on your own projects. I can understand how "lately" it seems there so much media and music to take in that it's hard to find direction with your own. I hope things pick up and you'll get some energy to move forward

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help