Remove this ad

solow

224 padawan

Lead

Apr 8 13 7:49 AM

Tags : :

Hi guys,

I'm Solow, a beatmaker and hiphop head from the Netherlands. I don't own a Sampletrak YET. I'm currently searching for a Sampletrak. Give it a few weeks and I'll have my ST-224.

The gear I usually use:

MPC 2000 classic
MPC 2000 XL
Boss SP-303

I have a lot of experience using tracker programs like Renoise/Noise/Fasttracker and have used Fruity Loops and FL Studio in the past. 

Recently sold my s950, that's why I'm on the market for a Sampletrak. I heard great things about it for years but never really gave it a shot. So I'm looking forward to adding one to my arsenal of samplers.

I will post some questions here in the future. 

One thing,

I wish there were more youtube vid's that show the whole process of making beats on a Sampletrak. I saw most vids but I'd like to see much more. Also I stumbled upon a lot of dead links to music made with a Sampletrak because a lot of forum topics I visited were like 10 years old. I'd appreciate links for vids and music made with/by ZOOm Sampletrak.

Peace!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

solow

224 padawan

#1 [url]

Apr 8 13 1:12 PM

I found one in near mint condition! Without SM cards tho, but I found those on the internet as well. So it looks like I can start f'ing around with the ST-224 in a few days. Yes!

Quote    Reply   

solow

224 padawan

#3 [url]

Apr 9 13 3:19 AM

I put an add on marktplaats.nl and 2 hours later I got an email with photo's and all. 
Looks almost unused and comes with manual and original box. I also ordered some 16 mb cards via marktplaats.nl. Z32, are you from Arnhem? I'm from Veenendaal not that far away.

Although I will get a manual, there are always those little things that 'll get a man stuck, so yeah expect some questions the next week or so.

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#4 [url]

Apr 9 13 1:12 PM

oke cool. how much did you pay? couple of years ago I saw two or three of them on marktplaats voor 50 euros. Still bang my head for not buying them..... I check regularly but they are not being offered. yes I live in Arnhem, indeed close :-). The manual is very clear and easy I think. really a step by step manual with pictures. but ask away

Quote    Reply   

solow

224 padawan

#6 [url]

Apr 11 13 3:58 AM

I just received the 2 Smart media cards. Now I'll have to be patient, and hope the Sampletrak will show up today as well. Can't wait to make some gritty boom bap with that joint.

Quote    Reply   

solow

224 padawan

#7 [url]

Apr 15 13 4:12 AM

Still no Sampletrak.... was I scammed? I did send the guy 3 emails, but no reaction. Tomorrow I'll try to get my money back and/or go to the police. Hate it when that happens. So I guess my search for a Sampletrak continues ;) If anybody happens to have one laying around collecting dust, hit me up!

Quote    Reply   

solow

224 padawan

#9 [url]

May 1 13 2:04 AM

Getting my hands on a Sampletrak is a frustrating process. After getting ripped of and losing 80 euro's I've seen several Sampletraks getting sold and everytime I was the "second" guy to respond on someones advertisement. Now I'm finally in contact with someone that I made an appointment with later this week. Let's hope this time I'll be lucky. When I finally DO get my hands on one I'll get my revenge on the first dude that ripped me off by making a brutal raw beat tape that will murder his ears dead! ( if he ever gets to hear it ) ;)  

Quote    Reply   

fac

zoom noob

#10 [url]

May 1 13 6:00 AM

Too bad we're in opposite sides of the world. The dude I bought my sampletrak from, he still has 3 or 4 more STs, new in box.

I'm also about to buy another ST soon: exactly the first one I had and sold, from the guy I sold it to. It's not cheap and I don't need it but it's a sentimental thing. I shoulda never sold it.

Getting ripped off sucks but karma will work its way with that f*cker.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

solow

224 padawan

#11 [url]

May 1 13 3:02 PM

Got one! Took the train to the other side of the country and brought home a Sampletrak! Already love the punchyness and the pads. Workflow is totally different than I am used to being a MPC head for many years. It 'll take some time experimenting. But at first glance the thing is dope!

Quote    Reply   

solow

224 padawan

#13 [url]

May 2 13 10:27 AM

chopping is way fast on this thing! Love the fx's. And it's true what everybody said. Even when sampling in HiFi mode, if you sample something pitched up and then pitch it down in the Sampletrak you get a little bit of that magic fairy dust ;). Absolute raw sound, dirty and punchy drums that don't get lost in a busy melody. It's growing on me big time!

Quote    Reply   

solow

224 padawan

#15 [url]

May 2 13 2:22 PM

Yeah, HiFi or standard. Standard works miracles for drums. The edit wheel steps when chopping are kinda big steps tho, and the +- are a little too slow. I tried to punch in the start and ends as accurate as I could with that mark pad. And then fine tuning with either edit wheel or +-. I saw 7thcity chop like that. It's brilliant. It's faster than on both of my MPC's this way. I always sampled mono most of the times. Especially drums. No need for stereo when sampling drums. Most of the time bass sounds and other stuff are most punchy when sampling only left or right. I'm starting to make progress with my workflow. Don't have a manual, don't need one.

Quote    Reply   

fac

zoom noob

#16 [url]

May 3 13 1:30 PM

.... The edit wheel steps when chopping are kinda big steps tho, and the +- are a little too slow. ...

...I'm starting to make progress with my workflow. Don't have a manual, don't need one.

-solow

It's sometimes a good idea to take a look at the manual, though. For example, if you check out pages 29 and 30, you'll see that you can make finer adjustments by holding down the SOURCE pad while using the edit wheel to set the start and end points.

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#18 [url]

May 4 13 10:10 AM

The edit wheel works best on short samples. With longer loops it is not that acurate. What I usually do with a long sample or loop is move the endpoint forward till I got a very short sample and then use the edit wheel to set the startpoint, then move the endpoint all the way to the end and use the optimize. for the endpoint it's the other way round.
I'm doing this for as long as I can remember and it works cool for me and I'm pretty fast with it

I have to say I never tried the to hold down the source pad. I've read the manual a lot of times and for some reason I did not know that

Quote    Reply   

solow

224 padawan

#19 [url]

May 4 13 1:32 PM

Thanx z32, so making the sample short for more accurate chopping, then setting end to normal position. Makes sense. Thanx guys for the tips!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help