Remove this ad

z32

Master Guru

Lead

Mar 7 13 2:07 PM

Tags : :

I did a new beat called Voodoo stomp. Just copied the title from the track I sampled it from :-) I sampled an old band called Long tall Ernie and the shakers (or shakettes) and the track was released in 1979. They are from my hometown Arnhem. Mix could be better but what the hell, I like the production I did :-D I can't seem to be bothered with a good mix lately. I just wanna rock beats.

https://soundcloud.com/eka_nl/voodoo-stomp

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ellaguru

Master Guru

#2 [url]

Mar 7 13 4:56 PM

cool!
i saw the amazing video (listened to shit laptop speakers, sorry) , nice work.
ot
maybe i'm wrong but at some seconds i saw the tascam dp01fx? if it's so, can i ask you ow to manage the bouncing (the ping-pong method) on it? i had one until 3 years ago and liked it, but i never found a way to make the bouncing of tracks as i made on analog 4tracks recorders (wich i got still with me: yamaha mt120 and yamaha mx4), in other words: how to make the bounce of tracks without not recording all the tracks you listen while doing it and instead just recording only certain tracks....i ask you this because i know you're a big fan of dub music (me too) and i apply its technique (mix+stop'n'go+fx:delay/reverb on snares or hihats "live"etc) to almost every music make, but this way i cannot do it if you know what i mean.
for that reason i sold the tascam and now i record and mix music via soundcard+softwares wich allows me to better manage/manipuate the studio,but i have to say that if exists a digital recorder (wich as the tascam accept external fx) wich can do what i ask, i will consider to buy it...i've read roland vs series, tascam 2488, zoom mrs or hd, yamaha aw1600, korg d series,akai dps series, boss br series MANUALS without undestertanding if or not those machine eventually do what i ask....i remember in some cases (maybe one boss br series model) while bouncing tracks you risk to record the metronome sound....

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#4 [url]

Mar 8 13 3:24 AM

There are two problems I have with the tascam and that is the noise, it has a hum wich you can hear in your recordings. I think it's the harddisk I'm hearing. And the fact you have to use the effects while recording. You can not add an effect after you recorded, only the reverb.

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#6 [url]

Mar 8 13 2:15 PM

no, I mix it but I use the Master function. When you use that all the tracks are recorded to the master and after that you can create a wav file and export that to a part of the disk wich is accessible with the computer. You can also bounce tracks. That's when all the tracks are used and you need more tracks. You can bounce all tracks to 1 track so you have empty tracks again. thought you meant that. if you use the master function, and I think also the bounce, you can dub like crazy :-D use the mute, infade, outfade, effect send, etc.

I also don't like that it has only a high and low eq, no mid. I'm actually looking around for a not to expencive other recorder, maybe even with tape but they are not that easy to find over here. I also like the zoom recorders. they have a sample section and a drumcomputer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ellaguru

Master Guru

#7 [url]

Mar 9 13 4:52 AM

I see the master function but when you say "dub like crazy" you mean that you can bounce tracks even ,say, bounce track 1 and 2 while listening the other tracks (so you can improvise delay and reverb on track 1 and 2)?
I feel you for the eq section: it lacks of mid, that's not complete.
I searched other digital recorders as i said, but no other seem to have handly old school eq like the DP...maybe just some korg recorder, i have go back to manuals...

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#10 [url]

Mar 11 13 4:08 AM

oke cool. And that is not cool having to move because of problems... I just moved because I had very big problems with neighbours... (it ended in a big fight and court....) I won in court but after that they started all over again. I'm glad I moved and got a cool house now and good neighbours :-)

Quote    Reply   

ellaguru

Master Guru

#11 [url]

Mar 11 13 8:02 AM

oke cool. And that is not cool having to move because of problems... I just moved because I had very big problems with neighbours... (it ended in a big fight and court....) I won in court but after that they started all over again. I'm glad I moved and got a cool house now and good neighbours :-)

-z32

s**t....crazy story....i thought those stories were only in italy (or, at least, france)....smile
my story is just family (for the instance ahah)...i'll what i'll do in my new space...
i'd like to shot this video anyway, so to show what i really mean with bouncing and fx and etc...but as lee perry /king tubby fan, you have to know what i mean...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help