Remove this ad

z32

Master Guru

Lead

Dec 9 12 5:17 AM

Tags : :

I own a childrens synthesizer called music maker for a while now. It's a nice little thing because of the lofi synth sounds and because it has a record mode for synthsounds (doesn't loop unfortunately) and a drumcomputer. It is a toy so the drumsounds are also very lofi wich I like :-D It has 8 drumrhythms + samba, 8 synthsounds and 4 dedicated buttons for kick, snare, closed hihat and open hihat. you can adjust tempo for the drumrhythms and the recorded synthsounds. It did not have an output, only two speakers. I've sampled it before through a mic but that did not work as good as I wanted so I decided to solder a minijack output. Never done soldering before only with plumbing :-D and that is a different kind of soldering :-D
Well, it worked!!!!!
I now own a very lofi but incredibly phat childrens synth with an output!
It works very good in combination with my Behringer tweakalizer.
Also some of the key's did not work properly anymore but because I opened it up and put it back together again they work again :-D
The speakers don't work anymore so I can only use the new output to get sound but that is what I wanted so that's no problem.

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

z32

Master Guru

#7 [url]

Dec 9 12 7:16 AM

I had this thing laying around on the attic but it did not make any sounds. I opened it up and there was a lose wire. Soldered it back and it works again :-D The fun thing is it has some different sounds then the Music Maker and you can also record but you can record your drums wich is not possible on the Music Maker synth. I am going to fit this one with an output later on this week and I think I'm going to try to circuit bend this one, see what I come up with

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Feb 1 13 9:52 PM

That is I'll!!! The ST will surely force u to be creative. I've been sampling any and everything solely thru my iMac computer. It's great cuz I can whip up a track and then dump it on audacity afterwards. I wanna hear what u make with it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help