Remove this ad

z32

Master Guru

Lead

Dec 4 12 2:44 PM

Tags : :

I have a tweakalizer wich I haven't used in a while. It has a simple loop sampler so you can record one loop. You can assign the effects to the loop and it is lots of fun :-D I sampled a bit of funky drummer and had a little fun. I'm speaking dutch for a bit, sorry.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

z32

Master Guru

#2 [url]

Dec 4 12 4:10 PM

Yes it is like a big knob but very smooth. works real nice. You have a lowpass, bandpass and highpass filter, flanger, scratch and delay. The effects are really good except the scratch. can't work with that one. the other problem with the unit is the noise and the in/outputs are a little crappy :-) and there is no on/off switch. other then that I like it, like I said the effects are really good and you can adjust the effects very simple. I used it while I recorded those beattapes. to punch effects delay and flanger in and out while I was recording and I recorded everything with the highpass filter on but all the knobs off. That gave the beats from the sampletrak a lot more depth and low end. Tried it with other highpass filters but never got the same result only with the tweakalizer

Quote    Reply   

z32

Master Guru

#3 [url]

Dec 4 12 4:22 PM

and it has a little loopsampler so you can record a loop and apply the effects to the loop, you can pitch it and it has a loop button and a gated button wich you have to hold to hear the loop. if you apply the effects to the loopsampler the effects don't work on the external soundsource. there is also a master pitch wich works incredibly well realtime on the incomming audiosource and the loopsampler. I'm always amazed. the sampler doesn't save.The bpm counter is also very accurate.
Nice little thing. I bought it new in the store for €119,- but they don't make them anymore. It looks like a toy and the housing doesn't feel very strong but the buttons, knobs and wheel are very good only plasticy and the buttons clic too loud. but for the quality of the effects it's well worth the money I think. You can probably get it very cheap second hand now

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 15 13 7:28 AM

i hav one of these and the loop sampling is the best bit
especially when you cut it up
but on the whole it sounds a bit harsh
the most impressive thing is the loops loop nicely wihtout clicking
i have just acquired a bit old roland  js 30 which has also that nice property
but it sounds much better too
one thing you can sort of do on the tweakalizer is the itchycoo park type 60s fazing
i have seen them very cheap without a psu in pawn shops but its a non standard power supply
so that may be a false bargain if its not just a back up

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help